Friday, August 31, 2012

Garden Shed Day 1







It took the kids and I five hours one Saturday to put together a garden shed and it took the Kansas winds one time to blow it apart. It actually looked like it exploded. I've always known that I'm not a builder. So I did the only thing I could do - ask Daniel for help. Actually, to build it for me and let me help him. He said yes, because he's such a wonderful husband that can do ANYTHING. This is Day 1




The start of the foundation. It took Daniel all of 2 seconds to cut the wood to the size we needed.






Daniel hard at work. Don't look at the fact that he's doing all of this without the proper safety gear or the proper equipment to make it safe. He also does things at super speed which always scares me to think that it's all without thought. But he's just that good.





NOTE: This was a 2011 post that was saved to draft that I just figured out how to post today. (I really can be slow)

Update: This really did turn out to be a fantastic garden shed/green house. If I can find the other pictures I will post them in a second update. I liked it so much that I connected a chicken house to it. It really was wonderful. Unfortunately, the April 2012 tornado took it out as well. The entire double structure was exploded. We lost a handful of chickens, all the feed, most of my garden equipment.... The thing was the entire front wall of the greenhouse side, giant window included, was up in the tree that was behind the chicken house part. And if that was not crazy enough, all the walls were blown apart but the window was not broken. I still haven't been able to build another chicken house, green house, or garden shed. It will all come together this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment