Friday, August 31, 2012

The New Pig Pen

My growing pig has become a fence terrorist, breaking through every weak spot there was. So today I not only fixed the whole thing, adding more t-posts and wire, but I also made it bigger. It is 30x80. I am so proud of it! I fixed it all by myself. The down side - my pig is sooooooo mad at me. Haha! It's so funny. Every time I walk past her she yells at me. I love it! But I did warn her that if she didn't stop I was going to make sure she couldn't get out. The straw that broke my camel's back was when she got out and busted into the calf pen and chased my calf around and around the pen. I was not happy. Let's see you get out of this pen Terrorist Pig ;)

NOTE:This was actually a 2011 post that was saved in the draft and I just figured out how to post it today. (sometimes I know I'm slow)

Update:  This past April 2012 we were hit by a tornado. The pigs house was blown right off of her and smashed to pieces. Four months later we have still only found one piece of her house. She is currently in another pen that has a shelter already in it. This fall I will be redoing her little piece of heaven so that she can move back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment