Monday, May 18, 2009

Duck Devastation


My ducks, Aflac and Blue Moon, have been MURDERED and I know not by what, except that it was an animal. They were fine last night at 7, right after Daniel got home from work. This morning, at 6:30, when the girls went outside, they were dead. Something had jumped the fence, killed one right there on the spot, started eating it, and then went after the other one, taking it over the fence as it fled. There is one body and a trail of feathers and blood leading away from the pen. What gets me is that I am 5'8 and the fence goes every bit up to my arm pit. What ever it was was good. Now I'm afraid I will have to build a pen with a top on it that I can still get in. It is a devastating thing to have to happen. My only consolation is that they were 8years old and had a good life. I am sad and frustrated though.

No comments:

Post a Comment