Saturday, May 9, 2009

Why I am here

It doesn't seem that long ago that I was a little girl and could think of nothing else, it seemed, than to be the mom of a hundred kids, live on a huge farm out in the middle of nowhere with a river, forest, wild animals, a log cabin, lots of animals, and a mammoth garden. This dream, though, kept getting interrupted by an add-on of my husband and I with our hundred kids going around the world teaching people how to take care of their part of the earth and us saving the animals in the many different places we traveled to.


Well, I'm all grown up now, not really: my hundred kids ended up being only six; my huge farm is only eight acres; the middle of nowhere is fifteen miles from the nearest town with only one neighbor, I got close on this one; my river is a seasonal creek; I do have some wild life but not much; my log cabin is a new modular; animals come in and out of my life on a regular basis; and I'm still working on my mammoth garden, though I don't ever think it will be quite as mammoth as I want it to be. I'm in school because I still want to reach that add-on goal to teach the world how to take care of their piece of earth and I still want to save the animals. This part may just have to wait until I've raised my children. I'm not worried though, because if even someone like Colonel Sanders didn't start seeing the fruits of his dreams until after he was fourty, I have some good years left to put into practice and learning.


I haven't given up on any part of my dream. A couple of things I have had to tweak, but it's all still here and all still me. Every year I work hard at staying true to my 11 year old self. That's why I'm starting this blog. Over the years I've tried and tested many ideas, proven and new, and thought that there just might be some folks I could help as I continue to reach for my stars. Along the way I hope that there will be some people willing to help me.


I don't know everything, and have never claimed to. I fully believe in sharing information, being inspired by others, and in finding unique and interesting ways to accomplish my goals. I hope to find like minded people around the world who wouldn't mind letting me travel along with them as our journeys meander their way through the mountains and valleys of each other's lives.


In this blog I want to tackle topics from asthma to zoo keeping, because that's what my life feels like some times, and everything in between. I am passionate about sustainability, do-it-yourself kind of things, and learning, learning, learning. Of course, everything I talk about will have something to do with an aspect of my life. If it didn't then you really wouldn't be Living with Leo.


Come along for the ride. It will be bumpy at times, I guarantee it, but I'm sure it will be fun all along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment