Saturday, June 11, 2011

A little Garden News

So much is going on and I desperately want to write about it every day, but I want to include the pictures I've been taking and in that lies the problem. Oh my my! All this technology is overwhelming at times. I planted the last of what I can for this summer and I'm very disappointed in how things are turning out so far. Everything has been planted multiple times and some things just haven't made it at all. The succession planting is not the problem since I will be getting the produce spread out a little more. Some things are looking very good.

This is the onions. They have already gone to seed. They look good, but unfortunately they will not be getting any bigger. Bummer! In the background you can see another part of the garden. It looks all green but really there are more weeds than food. Bummer again.

This one was taken last week. The cabbage is one thing that is looking really good. Except the fact that the rabbits keep eating them. We have a field full of them and can't seem to find a way to keep them out. I'm still working on it though.


The Snow Peas finally are looking like something is going to happen. I have gotten two little pickings so far, just enough to make stir fry and eat a handful. Boy are they good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment