Saturday, June 11, 2011

My Organized Cupboards

A couple of my friends asked me to take pictures of my cupboards and pantry because they liked the way I organized it and wanted to show others. So I did. I get teased for being a little OCD, but it's what works for me. Most everything is in see-through containers and are all labeled. Unfortunately, when I took these pictures I was feeling a little like Old Mother Hubbard because my cupboards were looking kind of bear.

This cupboard has my dry fruit, nuts, and seeds.


This cabinet has my sugars, grains, and specialty flowers.

This is one wall in my pantry. The top drawers have beans, the tall containers have pastas and rice, and the bottom containers have more beans, brown rice, dry milk, and TVP.

I find that it's much easier to make good meals, especially at the last minute, when I can see exactly what I have. Also,I know how low I am on something right away. When my containers are full I am so happy and I feel like the luckiest lady on earth. I can make anything! Then, we all know the contrast. When food is low so are our spirits. That's when I wish my containers weren't so clear. Thank goodness they are more often full then empty.

One day maybe I'll share some recipes with all these crazy good things I have in my kitchen. Their combinations sure do make for some wonderful food.

1 comment:

  1. Leonore, You are so organized. I'm so glad I at least have you as a friend. I can get great ideas from you.

    ReplyDelete